GelPOINT Path Transanal Access Platform
The GelPOINT path transanal access platform enables insufflated access to the rectum and lower sigmoid colon for surgical procedures including TransAnal Minimally Invasive Surgery (TAMIS).
TAMIS is performed to resect benign and malignant lesions in the distal to proximal rectum using new transanal access platforms and standard laparoscopic instrumentation. Offering effortless set-up, exceptional facilitation of 5mm and 10mm instrument triangulation, and maintenance of pneumorectum throughout the procedure, the GelPOINT path allows the utmost versatility and access.
Key Features and Specifications
- Provides a flexible fulcrum for unmatched triangulation of standard laparoscopic instrumentation.
- Two interchangeable insufflation/smoke evacuation ports feature luer fittings and stopcock valves to accommodate standard laparoscopic insufflation or facilitate smoke evacuation.
- Facilitates large specimen removal with simple detachment from access channel.
- Saves valuable OR time with simple placement and set-up.
- Offers 4cm atraumatic retraction for enhanced exposure and access.
- Includes retention flange and suture ties for maximum security throughout procedure.
- Accommodate 5-10mm standard instrumentation, 5mm angled instrumentation and curved suture needles.
- Offer greater freedom of movement and less instrument collision due to low-profile design.